[Zope-dev] Confused: Does PersistentList exist?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:45:55 -0500

    LR> I found seceral seemingly up to date docuemnts claiming that
    LR> both PersistentMapping and PersistentList exists and is
    LR> included with Zope.  However, I couldn't find PersistentList,
    LR> so I thought that it had been added after 2.3.3, which I am
    LR> using.  So I checked the CVS. Nope, nothing there.

    LR> So whats the deal here, really?

PersistentList is part of Andrew Kuchling's StandaloneZODB offering.
It hasn't yet been integrated into ZC's offering, and won't for our
StandaloneZODB 1.0 release.  We have plans to continue to merge
Andrew's version and ours, so it's likely that PersistentList will
show up in a future version as released from ZC.

-Barry