[Zope-dev] [BUG] Python 2.1.2 & Zope 2.4.1

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:20:16 -0500

> BTW, Chris, what Olivier saw couldn't automatically lead him to
> correlate with the other Zope crashes, since the other reports don't
> mention the 'assertion' error message he saw, which he concluded was the
> cause of his problems.

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/47ba74c812dbc5dd8025687
f0024bb5f/2cd3e5f0b7deba7880256b48007583a8?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,ceval.c

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/47ba74c812dbc5dd8025687
f0024bb5f/16dea7ad623f53e080256b4c00742ba5?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,ceval.c

> I'm really disappointed with ZC for putting out a new release of Zope
> instead of a fixed version of the release most everyone is currently
> using.

I'm really disappointed that you're disappointed.

Folks, please get off of our backs for a second.  We know it's important to
release 2.4.4, it will be out soon.  *Please* don't send us "wake up!"
messages.  We're fully awake and as soon as humanly possible, 2.4.4 will be
out.  Until then, hang tight.  Folks here are working very hard.

I think that Zope 2.5 was supposed to be released at the same time as Zope
2.4.4, but folks saw that the downloadable version of 2.5 up on Zope.org and
assumed it was OK to put a news report out about it.  It wasn't actually
"released" as much as "escaped". ;-)

- C