[Zope-dev] Re: Python Base Classes, ZObjectManager, and Subobjects

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
29 Jan 2002 18:04:32 -0200

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 17:28, Ross Patterson wrote:
> I figured it out and I'm posting this so that the next hapless victim
> might stumble upon this in a google search where I did not.  Long,
> with suggestions that have probably already been made for the
> improvements and clarification of ZClasses.
>
> [...]
>
> ZObjectManager gets registered using
> App.ProductContext.registerZClass(), which is supposedly deprecated.
> So I made a nearly exact duplicate of the ZObjectManager mix-in (which
> violates DRY) that sets _zclass_ to a class that subclasses
> ZCatalog.CatalogAwareness.CatalogAware and
> ZClasses.ObjectManager.ObjectManager, and handles the propertysheets
> and manage_options attributes.

Be careful here. Last I looked, CatalogAwareness is not VirtualHost
safe. You should use CatalogPathAwareness instead.

Cheers, Leo

PS: now if only CatalogPathAwareness was avaliable for subclassing by
ZClasses...

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.