[Zope-dev] roles, permissions problem

Dirk Datzert dirk.datzert@tks-rasselstein.thyssenkrupp.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:02:11 +0200

Hi,

have a problem with Zope 2.3.3 and roles defined by a product X and the
role 'Authenticated' which I added to be Zope 2.4.4 compatible.

A product defines a roles 'Author' and the permissions are set as
neccessary for this product.

I also have LDAPUserFolder installed. The logged on user has the role
'Author' and 'Authenticated'. I detected now that I have to duplicate
all permissions for role 'Author' over to role 'Authenticated' to make
the product X working right.

Has anybody detected a similar behavior of Zope 2.3.3 ???

It is totally unbelievable, but the only thing I can guess is 'Auth'
enticated or 'Auth'or ? Is there probably a ZODB basic problame with
similar role names.

tapping in the dark.

Regards,
Dirk