[Zope-dev] bad bare except in PageTemplateFile.py

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:18:42 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> I vaguely recall having a similar discussion with someone regarding
> DTMLFile, and we decided it had to ignore missing files, but I don't
> remember why.

Darn... that'll be just the reason I'm looking for!

> Also, the open() call just below that line will raise an
> equivalent exception.

For some reason, the code was not getting there when I came across this
problem. I guess this 'if' expression must have evaluated true.

     if hasattr(self, '_v_program') and mtime == self._v_last_read:
         return

I'm not sure why it would have done so though.

--
Steve Alexander