[Zope-dev] How to get Entrys from a catalog by date boundaries

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:05:24 +0200

From: "Sebastian Sippl" <sebastian@proceryon.at>
> When I send my request, the only things I get back are some <MYBRAnI
> instance at #123848>-tags.

Thats what you get back from catalog queries. Each brain is a small object
that has all the meta-data you have indexed in the catalog as properties.
It's done like this to enable queries to be "lazy". You don't actually need
to read in the data until it's accessed, which is a great performance boost.

You use the brain as if it were a dictionary, and the result is a list of
brains. So you go

for brain in result:
    if brain['id'] == 'foo':
        context.barf()