[Zope-dev] ACTION: 2.6 project status updates...

Brian Lloyd brian@ZOPE.COM
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:56:38 -0400

Hi all -

The appointed time is upon us :) We'd like to shoot for a
2.6 alpha 1 release at the beginning of next week (around
the 10th).

I updated the 2.6 proposed feature page this morning:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/Zope2.6/ProposedFeatures

...but there are a number of items that we need to clarify
the status of. There are a couple of "99% complete" notes,
etc.

For everyone who is on the hook for a 2.6 feature that is
not marked "Complete" on the list, I'd like to get a
status update that includes:

  - whether the work _and_ docs are done

  - if not, whether you will be able to do them by Fri.

  - whether your branch is merged.

Note that "Complete" on the feature page means that you
have finished both the code and docs, and have merged your
working branch to the HEAD (and run and passed the unit
tests). If something is marked complete that isn't really,
let me know that as well!

Silence is consent for me to move your incomplete item to
the deferred items section, so please drop me a status
update even if its just to say "I still want to do it, but
I don't think I can make the deadline".

Note that its OK if you won't be able to get done in time -
that comes with the territory. I'll add anything that doesn't
make the deadline to the 2.7 plan, assuming the volunteers
are still actively trying to work on it.

FYI, I expect that the main focus of Zope 2.7 will be updating
the supported platform to Python 2.2. My best guestimate at
timing at this point is early-to-mid Q4.

Thanks all!

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com