[Zope-dev] Testing Zope Products with Python Debugger

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:31:24 +0200

> From: "William Trenker" <wtrenker@shaw.ca>
> I've read the various tutorials and have successfully used Zope with the
> Python debugger.  But, of course, I can't have my production Zope running
> and the debugger running at the same time unless I get Zeo going.  But is
> there another way?  Is it possible to start Zope in the debugger but have
> it open a different data.fs file for testing?  (I only have one computer
> and have to keep a small, Zope-driven web site running 24/7 as well as do
> development on a new Zope Database Adapter.)

I would quite simply reccomend you to not in any way do development on your
production site.
Install another site where you do development. It's not a problem.

> > And I suspect it is probably asking a bit too much of one Celeron 400
with
> > Windows 98 to have all that running.

I do all my development on a Pentium 233 with 64MB memory. :-)
A 400MHz Celeron will do nicely.