[Zope-dev] AFS authentication with Zope

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
12 Jun 2002 12:23:10 -0300

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 07:10, Carlo Giomini wrote:

> > On 11 Jun 2002 at 15:30, Carlo Giomini wrote:
> >
> > > Hi to all,
> > > I need to make Zope perform an AFS-based authentication: any
> > > suggestions/hints/knowledge/resources?
> [...]
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Brad Clements wrote:
>
> > I've done the later, used SWIG to wrap some AFS functions and created a userFolder
> > object to authenticate to AFS.
>
> I want Zope to authenticate to an existing AFS domain.
> Could you tell me more about how you did it? Are there any other ways to
> do this task (other than using userFolders, I mean)?

You will certainly need an user folder for this task. Which doesn't mean
you'll have to create one. You can extend one of the pluggable user
folders out there with just the AFS authentication parts. Here are two
for your convenience:

http://www.zope.org/Members/NIP/SimpleUserFolder

http://www.zope.org/Members/TheJester/exUserFolder

Cheers, Leo