[Zope-dev] Changes to ZCatalog

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:33:53 +0000 (UTC)

Casey Duncan  <casey@zope.com> wrote:
> Yes, I have begun to fix it. I want to determine exactly which
> Indexes/metdata are really needed in CMF. Like, do we really need both
> Title and title indexes and metadata? How about bobobase_mod_time?
>
> I plan to fix it when I find the answers.

I found (probably missed some, I haven't looked in detail at all dtml
skins):

    - AllowedRolesAndUsers, expires, effective (CatalogTool)

    - in_reply_to (DiscussionTool)

    - review_state (DefaultWorkflow, misc. scripts)

    - meta_type (misc. scripts)

    - Type (news_box.dtml)

      Probably a fossil, the ZPT version and other scripts use
      meta_type. A dedicated portal_type index would be even better.

    - Subject, created (search_form.pt, doFormSearch.py)

    - SearchableText, Title, Subject, Description, created, Type,
      Creator (search)

  Metadata:

    This is more difficult to grep for. I found:

    - Title, Date (news_box.pt)

    - title, Date, Creator, Description (recent_news.pt)

      Fossil, should use Title.

    - Title, icon, Type, Date, Description (review.pt)

I think 'path' should be in the indexes by default too, even though I'm
not sure CMF directly uses it now.

The rest of Dublin Core should maybe be in the indexes and metadata.

I think a portal_type index is needed.

HTH,
Florent