[Zope-dev] 2nd Zope Instance

Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:37:15 +0100

On Friday 14 Jun 2002 3:13 pm, R. David Murray wrote:

> > Also, I noticed in my production var folder that there are a lot of f=
iles
> > named data.fs.tr0, data.fs.tr1, etc.  Can I delete these?
>
> I have no clue about these.  Never seen any myself.

When FileStorage finds some bad data at the end of its data.fs file, it c=
opies=20
it to a .trXXX file and truncates data.fs

Windows 9X sometimes can add this bad data at the end of the file if it i=
s not=20
shut down properly. This is probably what happened to you, so you can saf=
ely=20
delete them.

However, this is not the only possible cause. You may want to look at the=
ir=20
content, and see if it contains any valuable data. If it does, I think yo=
u=20
will need to recover it by hand.