[Zope-dev] Crash & Burn with Zope 2.6.0a1 and ZEO 2.0a1

Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:16:33 +0100

On Tuesday 18 Jun 2002 5:19 pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> We recently discovered that there's a bad interaction between ZODB and
> Python without large file support running on a platform that supports
> large files.  In this specific configuration, os.path.exists() returns
> false for files >2 GB and ZODB creates a new Data.fs.

I have run into similar problems before - where the file did not exist, a=
nd a=20
hard error would have been nicer than creating a new database.

This has bugged me enough that I decided to do it differently in=20
DirectoryStorage; there is a seperate mkds script.