[Zope-dev] problems with accented characters - need advice

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:18:10 +0000 (UTC)

Toby Dickenson  <tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 Jun 2002 8:44 pm, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>
> > The reason why it is still there is that a change should work for
> > all languages and not only western ones. This poses the question
> > how the byte string representing the id your should be URL quoted.
>
> There is an RFC, I forget which one, which specifies utf8.

I'm not sure about that, last time I digged I found that it was
explicitely said in the RFCs that no encoding was specified and that it
was up to the application to decide what to use.

Florent