[Zope-dev] Last-modified and bobobase_modification_time

Wei He hewei@mail.ied.ac.cn
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:45:29 +0800 (CST)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> > In either case, Zope's current implementation needs to be
> > changed. Because it will give the client a false impression that a page has
> > not changed but actually it did.
>
> What part of Zope gets this wrong?

I just realized that the Last-Modified header in a GET request is NOT
sent for a dynamic page. I was always asuming that it is the same as the
HEAD request of the same URL.

So at least the user can get correct information cause the client cache
function will not work. Whether a cache server can handle this
situation or whether RFC allows doing this (haven't read yet) is not
a big problem.

Sorry to everyone. And thank all of you.

Wei He