[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6 planning - call for contributors!

Andre Schubert andre.schubert@km3.de
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 07:52:14 +0100

Hi,

John Ziniti schrieb:

>  > > Let's get a discussion
>  >
>  >> started to define 2.6
>  >

> I'd like to see the ZSyncer Product, or a variant thereof, included in
> Zope by default.  That is, I'd like "Synchronization", to a be a default
> property of Zope objects, so that objects/content can be pushed and
> pulled between two Zope installations.

I would use ZCVSFolder or somewhat likely that included instead of
ZSyncer.
The problem i see is that we have a development server and more than one
production instances in our organisation.
If a product comes out of its development state it is moved to the
production server.
If you use ZSyncer then all Objects "zsynced" over all instances have
the same version, but if you use ZCVSFolder instead
then you have a version-control mechanism of all objects on the
different instances.