[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6 planning - call for contributors!

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:38:54 +0000

seb bacon wrote:

> I think the use cases driving synchronisation requirements are not yet
> sufficiently understood.  Agreed, it's a feature that many people need,
> but I get the impression it would be premature to include ZSyncer as is
> in Zope without more detailed planning.  On the other hand, there is an
> argument which says, ZSyncer is a good product used by a lot of people,
> let's put it in Zope and deal with any issues after the event.

Yeah... maybe we need a standard "Zope Expansion Kit" that is a cohesive
package of products that aren't in the Zope core, but are officially
sanctioned and versioned and released alongside versions of Zope.

--
Steve Alexander