SV: [Zope-dev] Small Alert - Temp Solution - more...

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:08:30 -0500

Jean-Paul Smets wrote:
> I could find out that certain cookie names work, some others do not
>
> Works
>
> __ac_
> __ac_ra
> __ac_rak1
> __ac_nex1
> __ac_erp5
>
> Does not work
>
> __ac
> __ac_rack1
> __ac_rack12
>
> Really strange.

What browser are you using?  Strange things like this happen for me
occasionally after a Mozilla upgrade, but I just delete the cookies for
the site and everything goes back to normal.  I figure someone at
Netscape is just fiddling with the cookie code. :-)

OTOH, the only way a loop on the login page can happen is if you're not
allowed to access the login page, or perhaps one of its images.  Maybe
something is caching authentication in a non-thread-safe way.  In fact,
the last hotfix addressed something like this, didn't it?

Shane