[Zope-dev] multiple database connections

Andy McKay andy.mckay@merlinsoftech.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:28:48 -0800

On March 7, 2002 03:28 am, kapil thangavelu wrote:
> part of this goes back to the old who is zope's target audience days, when
> content managers were supposed to use the zmi directly. plus its just
> generally less confusion, imo.

Getting rid of this assumption will solve lots of daft little issues like
that for example why does a ZSQL Method need to be tied to a database at all?

I've hacked ZSQL Method so you can change the database its connected to on
the fly, this allows you to use one Method on multiple databases (for example
switching between a development and production database).
--
  Andy McKay