[Zope-dev] Trapping Interbase Error Codes

Beverly Dolor bdolor_ph@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 02:19:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi!

I'm currently doing a program on Zope 2.5 using gvibDa
as my database.  I would like my program to trap
Interbase error codes such as (isc_deadlock,
isc_lock_conflict), the problem is I'm still at a lost
on how to do this.

I saw some progam written in C that trap these kinds
of Interbase error using isc_print_sqlerror and
isc_sql_interprete, in fact I saw these functions
being used on gvibBase.c :) But since I don't know C,
the programs didn't help much in finding out how the
errors are trapped.

I know gvibDa has its own exception handler
(gvibExceptions?), but this handler converts the
original database error into its own error message
(DatabaseError,InternalError, etc).  what I want to do
is to trap the "raw" database error before it gets
converted into one of the customized error messages.

And another question, is there a way to
commit/rollback a database transaction(using a gvib
object) and zope transaction without using an external
method?

Any answer, opinion, view regarding these issues will
be very much appreciated.

Thanks :)