[Zope-dev] zope transaction bug?

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@rice.edu
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:12:31 -0600

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 08:55:56PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Ross J. Reedstrom writes:
>  > Boy, it's been a long time since I've hung around here. Anyway, I think
>  > we've found a bug somewhere in the zope transaction machinery.
> A really long time ago someone reported (just once) a bug in Zope's
> transaction system.
>
>    When I remember right, the problem occured when
>    there was an exception in the late stages of transaction processing.
>    This caused Zope to forget about aborting some other transactions.
>
> Not sure, whether this problem is still in modern Zope versions.
> Not sure, whether it is your problem...

Sounds similar, however we get it on rollback (Undo) regardless if
the Undo succeeds or not. Errors during normal 'forward' use seem to
abort correctly, _even after_ the connection gets in a bad state. So,
I'm guessing that the earlier problem may have been masked by a fixup
that we're now going around, in some way.

Ross