[Zope-dev] Memory Leak Problem

Andre Schubert andre.schubert@km3.de
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:50:13 +0100

Hi all,

I have isolated the memory leak problem on a naked 2.3.3 Zope.
I have on ZPsycopgDA and two SQL Methods, one SQL Method contains
DTML-IFs and DTML-ELSEs and REQUEST.sets
the other SQL Method contains the rendered query of the first, this
means there is pure sql in it.
Both methods cache there results 60 secs.
Zope runs with 4 threads.

I wrote a test-script wich opens 4 threads and each thread call the
second SQL Methods "manage_test" via wget.

After a restart my zope-processes are around 12MB.
Then i start my script and before i receive any result all processes are
grown up to 26MB.

Even if after i start my script nothing happens, but before i receive
the result the processes grow up,
maybe i think this is the time where zope gets the results from the
database and
"puts" it into the Results-Class( i am right at this point ?).

But is the problem in the ZSQLMethod( where the results were cached ) or
the ZPsycopgDA ??

Regards,

--
Andre Schubert            EMail:   Andre.Schubert@km3.de