[Zope-dev] Memory Leak Problem

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:22:46 +0000

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:50:13 +0100, Andre Schubert
<andre.schubert@km3.de> wrote:

>After a restart my zope-processes are around 12MB.

Sounds about right.

>Then i start my script and before i receive any result all processes are
>grown up to 26MB.

Thats not unreasonable for the working set of zope. I have no reason
to suspect a leak.

Im not sure what operating system you are using. If its linux then
maybe you are misinterpreting the output of ps or top: The 26M is
listed next to each process, but its the *same* 26M in each row of the
table. In other words, your system is using 26M total for zope, not
26*5 (assuming you have 5 processes).

If Zope grows by 12M for each request then thats a different scenario.

12M growth on the *first* request is quite normal.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com