[Zope-dev] HTTP Traceback Style

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:39:36 +0000

Evan Simpson wrote:

> Christian Theune wrote:
> > Hmm. Is it possible to implement some option to turn this off?
>
> I just checked in the ability to use HTTP_TRACEBACK_STYLE to control the
> appearance of tracebacks in non-debug mode errors:
>
> '' (default): Place it in an HTML comment
> 'none': Omit it
> 'plain': Include it as plain text just as in debug mode.
> 'js': Show a § that expands into the traceback when clicked.

I thought Shane was working on this in his 'better tracebacks' branch?

The fact is that the tracebacks should _never_ be appended by some process
outside standard_error_message.

If people want tracebacks, and there's _lots_ of different ways people want
tracebacks, the should add them explicitly in standard_error_message. That said,
the default standard_error_message may want to include the options you have
above.

cheers,

Chris - DWIM never does what you want ;-)