[Zope-dev] Structured text issues (again?)

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:35:11 +1100

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:40, jlagarde@bigfoot.com wrote:
> How extensively is STX actually used? I've been looking at it myself
> recently, and the whole system seem rather simplistic to me in how it
> parses the text. I'm talking specifically  of the STX version currently
> standard in Zope 2.5 (and 2.4 I think), which I believe is STXNG;
>
> [snip]
>
> I explain the problems I see next, followed by a proposed algorithm
> change and some rough code to make things "better".

Please also see the ReStructureText effort which addresses a lot of the
problems that STXNG is perceived to have. It's really very nice, and one of
these days I hope to get it wrapped in a Zope Product.

   http://structuredtext.sf.net/

Note specifically:

   http://structuredtext.sourceforge.net/spec/problems.txt

If something you see as being a problem in STXNG isn't addressed there, I'm
sure the author of ReST would love to hear about it!

    Richard