[Zope-dev] Bad Marshal Data

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
27 Mar 2002 16:25:27 -0300

I haven't seen anything like that.

What I have seen, an which scares the heck out of me everytime I see it
is UnpicklingErrror, which, in my case, usually happens when the _p_jar
dictionary doesn't have an object that other parts of zope swear they
exist.

The solution to that usually involves trimming the last transaction(s)
off of the ZODB or, when that's not an option, going in thru the monitor
port and forcibly deleting the offending objects, where finding the
offending objects is an adventure in itself.

The problem you're talking about sounds a lot like the ZODB reference to
a ceirtan product got corrupted somehow, and forcing the reload of this
product (by changing it's syntax slightly) makes the problem go away.