[Zope-dev] Best practice for Zope-private copy of Python 2.1 on Linux?

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
06 May 2002 18:03:11 -0300

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 16:51, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Compile python from source with --prefix=/your/privat/python/directory
> and install it there. Then run the standard Zope installation
> process with this new Python. That's it.

I'd go one step further and suggest that you compile python with
--prefix=/path/to/your/Zope, this way you end up with something that
looks remarkably like the binary Zope distributed at Zope.org

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.