[Zope-dev] Best practice for Zope-private copy of Python 2.1 on Linux?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 13:49:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> Python 2.2, I'll ask if there is, or suggest if there isn't, a shift due
> in the installation procedures on Linux to optionally use a private copy
> of Python 2.1, much like the Windows version of Zope does. That version

Personally, I just do a 'make altinstall' on my python2.1, and then
install Zope using the python2.1 command.  That way, python2.1 is
available for any other package on my system that might need the
older python version.  I don't really see any benefit, myself, to
giving zope a private copy.

--RDM