[Zope-dev] DTML is not simple

Casey Duncan casey@ZOPE.COM
Wed, 8 May 2002 09:39:25 -0400

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 04:36 am, Chris Withers allegedly wrote:
[snip]
> > It seems far harder to map to
> > conventional languages.
>=20
> Such as? I don't think that an improtant requirement is for a templatin=
g=20
language to look
> like a programming language. If that's the case, why not just use Pytho=
n=20
Scripts and
> string substitution?

The fact that ZPT finally comes to grips with the fact that templating is=
=20
different than programming is its greatest strength IMHO.
=20
Since ZPT encourages a greater level of abstraction then DTML does, it ca=
n=20
exacerbate the "where's the beef" problem a bit. However, I would argue t=
hat=20
there is still too much mixing of presentation and logic, even in ZPT.=20
Someday, I intend to change that.

-Casey