[Zope-dev] redundant permissions

Christopher N. Deckard cnd@ecn.purdue.edu
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:19:22 -0500

I'm trying to collect ideas on improving the
representation of permissions in the security tab
in the ZMI.  I was wondering if anyone knows why
there are two permissions "Open/Close Database
Connection" and "Open/Close Database Connections".
This seems like a redundant duplication of
permission usage.  :-)

There are two lines in AccessControl/Permissions.py
which define these.  Most of the products which
need this permission use the "Open/Close Database
Connections" version.  The only thing that I find
that doesn't is in Shared/DC/ZRDB/Connection.py,
line 51 in zope 2.5.1.

Should I submit a patch to the collector for this?
Or is this done on purpose?

-Chris

    Christopher N. Deckard      |     Lead Web Systems Developer
      cnd@ecn.purdue.edu        |    Engineering Computer Network
  http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/    |         Purdue University
---- zlib.decompress('x\234K\316Kq((-J)M\325KM)\005\000)"\005w') ---