[Zope-dev] Unicode Support in 2.6 -- background infos?

Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:27:57 +0000

On Monday 04 November 2002 2:14 pm, Joachim Werner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am currently fighting with the unicode support in Zope 2.6. Actually =
the
> problem is that I don't want to get pages delivered as unicode. Is the
> exact behavior of that thingie documented somewhere?=20

Yes, its a PITA that the changes to the book were not available at the sa=
me=20
time as the software.

This bug report is for a problem which is different to yours, but the com=
ments=20
will probably answer your questions too.

http://collector.zope.org/Zope/633

> I know that I can force Unicode mode by having some unicode string on t=
he
> page. But can I also do the reverse?

Yes, by explicity encoding the unicode objects into the character encodin=
g=20
that you want. If dtml only sees plain string objects then it behaves the=
=20
same as in all earlier versions of Zope.