[Zope-dev] PKI, SOAP with Zope?

Teemu Yli-Elsilä tmu@mawell.com
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 17:38:19 +0200

Dear All,

We are considering Zope as a platform for product development in
our company. There are a few important requirements the
availability of which was not obvious to me.

1. PKI support for authenticating users using client-side
certificates (obviously over a SSL connection). To be used with
smart cards as well as certificate files as client-side
authentication vessel (ie. no username/password prompts).

2. Related to the former, digital signing of content on the Zope
server.

3. Further related: Encrypted storage for selected documents on
the server (PGP/whatever).

4. SOAP support, acting as both server and client.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the possibilities of having Zope
support these? And, if a product is not available, what would it
take to implement such support in Zope?

We are currently only beginning to train our staff in
Python/Zope, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The products would likely utilize the CMF/Plone frameworks.

Thanks in advance for any help,

--
  Teemu Yli-Elsilä
  Software Designer, Mawell Oy