[Zope-dev] Unit tests for Zope products: how to test HTTP access to objects in ZODB?

Craeg K Strong cstrong@arielpartners.com
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 12:48:19 -0500

Hello:

I am trying to add some unit tests for my XMLTransform product
that test URL to Zope object traversal.  For example, I want
to ensure that one XSLT (a zope object) can include another using

<xsl:include "../foo.xsl"/>

Zope should transform the above into a request for a zope object
with an ID of "foo.xsl" in the parent folder of the original XSLT.

My question: how have you, dear reader, tested Zope's mapping of
URLs (relative and/or absolute) to objects in ZODB?

I am hoping that it can be done, possibly at the cost of bringing in
additional Zope machinery (which means additional unit test startup
time)...?

Thanks in advance,

--Craeg