[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] user roles & authentication

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 23:10:37 +0100

Grant K Rauscher writes:
 >     recently I noticed that methods for retrieving user roles are affected
 > by the URL from which the user logged in using basic authentication (as
 > opposed to the location of the user account).
This is how the HTTP 1/1 specification requires it to be.
Your browser follows this spec.

 > I don't see any
 > authentication-related cookies at all from ZOPE, session or otherwise, just
 > basic http authorization.
Apparently, you are using a user folder that uses basic authentication.
There are user folders around that can (be configured to) use
Cookie authentication. You can also use CookieCrumber for that.

Dieter