[Zope-dev] defining PythonScript custom permission ?

Andreas Heckel andreas@easyleading.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:50:13 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to be able to define custom permissions throug ZMI that
I can query within a number of PythonScript instancse. The permission
should
express that a set of PythonScripts are executable.
The PythonScript do not return a class so the methode described at Zope
Book
"Class Security Assertions In Non-Product Code (External Methods/Python
Scripts)"
do not fit.

I have a Python Workflow Product in mind that allows me to configure a
set of
customizable PythonScripts. I want the user to be able to create a
custom permission that
can be used within a set of instances. Normally Globals.InitializeClass
does the job. But I'm looking for a way to define permissions at runtime
that
are bound to a PythonScript in several but not all product instances.
Can Permission.registerPermissions be used to do that and is ther a
method to
unregister permissions?

aeg

Andreas Heckel                                  andreas@easyleading.org
LINUX is like a wigwam...no gates...no windows and an apache inside ;-)