[Zope-dev] Suggestion - ZSQL methods should include name in error messages

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 08:32:57 -0600

I'm using Zope 2.5.1 (and can't upgrade for the time being).  If this has
been fixed in a later version, my apologies for the needless request.

When a ZSQL method is called without a required input parameter, it
generates an error like

    Missing input variable, group_id

Since such methods might be called indirectly, it's not always obvious which
ZSQL method was called or who called it.  I would find it helpful if the
error message included at least the name of the called method.  Ideally,
traceback information should be available as well.  This particular message
seems to be generated by something other than the usual error machinery.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip@pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/