[Zope-dev] allowable object ids

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 09:30:34 -0800

Turns out you can create objects with an id of . or .. although you
can't access them.  (which is to say I couldn't figure out how, though
I didn't try ZServer standalone and I suppose apache might be doing
something to the URI)  You can't create objects with ids containing +
or % or a host of other characters though (and btw the error message
you get when you try is horrid, those characters are not illegal in
URLs, illegal in the zope object model perhaps, but not URLs).  I'm
currious, why aren't arbitrary characters allowed in object ids?

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"You came all this way, without saying squat, and now you're trying