[Zope-dev] Bugfix release?

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <lists@andreas-jung.com>
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:33:24 +0100

--On Mittwoch, 27. November 2002 13:17 -0500 Chris McDonough
<chrism@zope.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 12:31, Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
>> On 27 Nov 2002, 11:18  seb bacon wrote:
>>
>> > Can we have a bugfix release?
>>
>> Me too. I'd like to get the fix for Issue 597
>> (http://collector.zope.org/Zope/597) in such a bugfix release.
>> ZCTextIndex, quite different from the old TextIndex, currently is
>> almost unusuable outside the US, because it isn't locale aware.
>>
>> A fix was posted to the collector during the 2.6 beta period, about
>> two weeks BEFORE (!) the release of 2.6.0, by Maik Jablonski, but
>> has been ignored, since.. It's still not checked in, if I'm not
>> mistaken. :-(
>>
>> What is beta testing good, if the error reports get ignored? Why
>> write patches, if those patches are thrown away?
>
> I understand your frustration.  It may be a good idea to bug a developer
> with CVS commit access that you know cares about the issue.  Sometimes
> going through the CVS logs for the module in which the bug is in, you
> can tell who has most recently been involved in that code and send them
> an email about the bug.

Especially for this bug there are additional unittests missing to check
the locale-wareness of the patches.

-aj

   -    Andreas Jung                     http://www.andreas-jung.com   -
  -   EMail: andreas at andreas-jung.com                              -
   -            "Life is too short to (re)write parsers"               -