[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6.0 ZMI Problem for CJK(Collector 623) patch.

Heiichiro NAKAMURA nheiich@quantumfusion.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:19:29 -0800

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:25:26 +0000
Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com> wrote:

> Feel free to do that if it works for you, but a patch for this approach w=
ill=20
> not be accepted into the standard Zope.=20
> See this bug report for an=20
> explanation of why this contradict's Zope's current unicode approach:

It seems some Russian made a similar patch to solve the same problem too:

http://itconnection.ru/pipermail/zopyrus/2002-November/001388.html

I hate to say it, but it seems the "Zope's current unicode approach" is
very problematic and offensive to the Zope community outside Latin-1 world.

As of late, in Japanese Zope community, 2.6.0 seems to be regarded
as defective and almost all users skip it rather than upgrade
=66rom 2.5.1, as far as I know.

I'm at a loss, as to what to do, what's the solution/future direction, etc.

Regards,
---
Heiichiro NAKAMURA <nheiich@quantumfusion.com>