[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6.0 ZMI Problem for CJK(Collector 623) patch.

Yusei Tahara tahara@timedia.co.jp
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:44:47 +0900

Hi.

> The right approach is to make it possible to change the title property to a
> unicode string. All my custom products have this already, but it is a
> deficiency in the standard Zope types such as 'Folder' that their
> titles type> can not be changed.

This approach is not useful for me.

I often use zope with RDB like MySQL.
generally japanese encoding text is in RDB.

so if object properties are unicode string,
I always encode it before publishing.

<title tal:content="python:here.title.encode('euc-jp')">TITLE</title>

because, it always mix in RDB data(japanese) and
properties(python unicode string) in one page.

certainly I will be faced with this ustring problem everytime.
Japanese charactor is not ascii,
so if I do not encode ustring before publishing,raise unicode error.

if don't allow to use string type in properties, I regret that I
would continue to use zope2.5.1 or make my own monkey patches for
after this.

I'm sorry to my BAD English.

Thank you.

--