[Zope-dev] 2.6 hang problem

Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:12:25 +0100

On Wednesday 02 Oct 2002 10:50 am, Chris Withers wrote:

> Yesterday, it appears this site died during a ZCatalog update as the la=
st
> entry in Z2.log was for the advanced catalog management form. However,
> there was no entry for the actual re-catalog.

That makes sense - Z2.log entries are made once the method has completed=20
(because it needs to include a field for the number of bytes sent back).

It looks like it stalled in the middle of that method.

> Very weirdly, when I went to look at the stupid_log_file, it was totall=
> blank. Now, I did a tail -f on that file, and when I executed the Zope =
stop
> script, the following were output to the stupid log file:

> 2002-10-02T10:41:55 INFO(0) Z2 Closing all open network connections

Zope closed all the network connections in the asyncore map, including th=
e one=20
needed by ZEO that caused the traceback below.  There is a fishbowl propo=
sal=20
to fix this, titled 'extra clean shutdown' iirc.

> 2002-10-02T10:41:56 PROBLEM(100) Z2 A handler for SIGTERM failed!
> Traceback (innermost last):
>    Module zdaemon.SignalHandler, line 58, in signalHandler
>    Module Signals.Signals, line 28, in shutdownHandler
>    Module Signals.Signals, line 83, in closeall
>    Module ZODB.DB, line 248, in close
>    Module ZEO.ClientStorage, line 237, in close
>    Module ZEO.zrpc, line 234, in closeIntensionally
>    Module ZEO.trigger, line 90, in pull_trigger
> OSError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

> When I restarted Zope, things appear to have come up fine. The funky ne=
> error log object is empty, but I guess it's not a persistent thing...

Its not persistent. You can get it to copy errors to zLOG, which eventall=
y=20
targets the stupid log. Do you have that box ticked?

> The storage server (also running off the same CVS version of Zope) seem=
s to
> have survived fine through all of this.

hurrah.