[Zope-dev] Refresh ZEO interactive python when changing product's code?

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:27:09 -0400

Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> This is OT, but I have a deadline approaching and needed to go where the ZEO users are so
> I can get this figured out as soon as possible, in case zope-general doesn't yield a
> suggestion. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer, hopefully this is old-hat to
> some of the people on this list.

For the current refresh code, you have to close and re-open the database
connection, and you have to discard any references to the old connection
(meaning you need to do the conn.root()['Application'] dance again).
The old objects *will* fall out of sync.  AFAIK No one has tried to use
refresh and the interactive console together before. :-)

Shane