[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] DateTime screwup on 2.6 branch and HEAD

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:54:42 +0000

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> From: "Casey Duncan" <casey@zope.com>
>
>>This is in no way a defense of the release tactics for 2.6.0, but
>>these types of changes should be done on their own branch and
>>then merged in atomically to avoid exactly this type of issue.
>

> They were. There were two independant, but related, bugs. Both made in their
> own branch, and merged in atomically.

Personally, I'd put this down to bad luck. Bugs are bugs and you don't know
they're there until you notice them. I don't think there was anything that could
have reasonably been done to prevent this.

That said, can we see if we can actually get 2.6.1 out within a week (OK, lets
be sane and say month ;-).

This is open source, lets release early and often...

cheers,

Chris