[Zope-dev] 2.6.1 Plan?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:22:32 +0000

Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
> It what world do you live, and can I move there?

You miss the point ;-)

The flurry to get features into a 'stable' release is what I was on about.
If you flurry, the release won't be stable.

I like the pattern of having stable releases and CVS or nightly builds for
people who want the latest and greatest. That way everyone gets to contribute
easily and freely and yet we still get truly stable versions.

Maybe not to the extent of having seperate 'dev' and 'stable' streams a la
Linux, but that's a good feeling in essence.

Still, the overarching thing is release early and often. The fewer features in
each release, the fewer problems of "I need this feature, but that means I also
have to accept this one that I don't trust"

cheers,

Chris