[Zope-dev] Re: Future of StructuredText

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:57:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> When writing books, however, you're most likely using an editor that makes
> it easy to reformat blocks at the proper indentation level.  For a lot of
> web input where you still want to allow some simple structure, indentation

It would be really sad if the quality of a format were limited
by the fact that web browsers aren't smart enough to launch
real editors for editing text fields.  It may be necessary, but
it would be really sad.  So if that is a ruling criterion, I'd
vote for two versions of structured text, preferably with a
translator between them.

NB: having looked briefly at the rest usage guide, I must say that
I agree that all this anchor-plus-separate-line-with-the-real-info
stuff does *not* appeal to me.

--RDM