[Zope-dev] Improving product management

Eron Lloyd elloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
04 Sep 2002 18:46:59 -0400

I think this is a great idea. A good way to start would be to have a tab
on the Control Panel entitles "Updates", that would make some XML-RPC
calls to Zope.org, and provide update and hotfix information when
compared against your running server. Of course, how we know what is
available is a good question...we would need to see PEPs 241 and 262
realized I imagine. The current version check wouldn't need this,
however. Let's see some Web Services!

Eron