[Zope-dev] FreeBSD, Zope and Plone

Gilles Lenfant gilles@pilotsystems.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:22:04 +0200

Hi,

I noticed lots of Zope crashes with FreeBSD 4.5/Python 2.1.3/Zope 2.5.1.
Where can I find that Python patch you're talking about ?

Thanks in advance

--Gilles

----- Original Message -----
From: "Casey Duncan" <casey@zope.com>
To: "alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com>; <zope-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 9:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] FreeBSD, Zope and Plone

In my experience, python crashes on FreeBSD are due to the default thread
stack size problem exclusively. I run Python/Zope with complex sites all the
time (not plone tho) and once patched appropriately it never crashes unless
cause it to.

There are two solutions to this IMHO:

1. Release a bug fix in Python (hasn't happened yet, but it has been
discussed
several times)

2. Patch the FreeBSD python port. This is likely an excellent solution and
one
which could also solve the large file support issue simulaneously.

Unless PythonLabs tells me that 2.1.4 will fix these things, I will work on
making this happen this week. I will also see how plone behaves on my BSD
box
(firstly I guess).

-Casey