[Zope-dev] PANIC!!! That old refresh bug again.

Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:09:10 +0100

On Wednesday 18 Sep 2002 4:23 pm, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> Having to restart each time I make a change is slowing down my developm=
ent
> to a complete halt.=20

Something is wrong here. You should be able to restart Zope within a few=20
seconds.

Are you using FileStorage? I guess you are not shutting Zope down cleanly=
=2E An=20
unclean shutdown means FileStorage needs to rebuild its in-memory index a=
t=20
the next startup, which is a slow process.

Even with a clean shutdown that preserves the index, startup can be slowe=
r if=20
your database is huge. Using ZEO eliminates this.