[Zope-dev] [ZOPE 2.6 B1] Unicode/locale problems withOFS/dtml/properties.dtml

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:08:27 +0200

In article <200209270735.46452.tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com> you write:
> If you have a ZMI form that *is* expecting this then you need to make
> some other changes to avoid breakage. Essentially just adding :utf8:
> marshalling tags, possibly some :strings: and :ustring: too.
>
> (yes, this sucks. The problem is that browsers dont specify the
> character encoding used in form submissions. At some point we need to
> discuss the way forward on this issue....)

There is a standard accept-charset attribute of forms, which says what
encodings are accepted by the form handler (Zope here). I think we
should use it and set it to UTF-8 in those cases.

Florent