[Zope-dev] Sporadic IOErrors...?

Bjorn Stabell bjorn@exoweb.net
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 14:55:19 +0800

Hi Zope gurus,

After upgrading to Zope 2.6.1 on Linux, when submitting forms, we
sometimes get this error:

    Site Error
    exceptions.IOError
    Traceback:
	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
	Module Zope.App.startup, line 149, in zpublisher_exception_hook
	Module Products.SiteErrorLog.SiteErrorLog, line 195, in raising
	Module Products.SiteErrorLog.SiteErrorLog, line 206, in
	_do_copy_to_zlog
	Module zLOG, line 130, in LOG
	Module ZLogger.ZLogger, line 16, in log_write
	Module ZLogger.stupidFileLogger, line 27, in __call__
	Module ZLogger.stupidFileLogger, line 90, in stupid_log_write
	IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

It's terrible hard to debug as it happens sporadically, not
consistently, and we don't get any more debug info than this.  Even
worse, we have a standard-error-message that emails errors to us, but it
fails to do anything in this case.  Any ideas what could be wrong and
how to troubleshoot better?  The disks have plenty of free space; after
restarting, or waiting a while, things work again.

Regards,
--=20
Bjorn Stabell bjorn@exoweb.net
Tel +86 (10) 65918490