[Zope-dev] Re: [ZCM] [ZC] 869/ 5 Comment "Broken transaction handling in case of exceptions"

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:59:39 +0200

Toby Dickenson wrote at 2003-4-4 10:24 +0100:
 > Currently Zope doesnt allow the error report to do something persistently, and
 > the use case for this is not obvious to me. Can you explain the use case? I
 > am hoping that there may be a better solution that avoids the problems I
 > raised.

I have two use cases:

  *  sending email about (some) severe errors.

     We can use a non-transactional mail sender for this
     purpose although it would be nice to send all mail
     through a single (transactional) mailhost.

  *  gathering statistics about/logging errors in a relational database

Dieter